Johnstown FC want to thank all the members and volunteers that turned up to clean up the park this morning. There was a great sense of community spirit and it was super to hear and see the kids using the park as a community facility.
We wish to thank Alan Lawes and Johnstown Tidy Towns for the pickers and other equipment. We also want to thank JPP for allowing the club the opportunity to have the community’s club partner with them in the park for the potential benefit for all. It was super to see it used in a positive manner. We hope the kids enjoy training there over the summer.
Onwards and upwards #Johnstown FC #CommunityClub #Johnstown #JPP #UptheJohnner
Johnstown FC want to thank and give a big shout out to a very generous local business P.D Water Services, for sponsoring a kit for our under 13 side. Check out Paul’s page for water softener installs and drinking water systems. It makes a huge difference in a hard water area like Johnstown
See below, Paul and his son Darragh in the new kit in the people’s park this evening, more news coming there soon. Christy Kavanagh representing Johnstown FC. #keepitlocal #upthejohnner #JohnstownFC
Johnstown FC is delighted to announce Taylors Johnstown as the sponsors for the senior team this year and into 2021. It is a great collaboration with local business, as the club continues to strive to be at the heart of the local community. A huge thanks to John O’Brein and the Taylors team for their support at this time as well as the continued support of all the club’s sponsors.
The club has been able to purchase a new home and away kits for the senior teams with the sponsorship provided. On the home kits first outing the lads had a good 5-3 win against Trim Town, a good omen for things to come hopefully.
We hope that you continue to support local business like Taylors through these times and we promise there will be a continued collaboration with Taylors in the near future. If you call in for a pint and bite to eat in the near future we hope you see our kit hanging with pride of place in the bar.
Johnstown FC just missed out on progressing to the next round of the NEFL 40 Year Commemorative Cup. It was an enthralling local derby Vs Parkvilla, the game finished 1-0 to the hosts up in Claremont on Friday evening.
Jimmy Caffery took home the man of the match award, kindly sponsored by Taylor’s of Johnstown.
There will be more good news on this front in the coming weeks!
To help us all in these strange times, we have commissioned these beautiful bottles from Crafty Cuts in Meath.
Each bottle is personalised with the player’s names and initials and our Creston the front. Giving you a labelled bottled as per COVID best practice to bring to training and Matches. Bottles can be ordered on the link below for collection on Mondays between 6-7 in the MDL Grounds.
It is absolutely great to be getting back to football and we here at Johnstown FC are very excited. We need to return to football in a safe way and abide by the rules laid out by medical experts and our governing body, please see guidelines below:
1. All players MUST produce signed Health declaration before every training session. This is recorded by the club covid officers and NO player will be granted permission to train or play without producing this form.
2. As per FAI guidelines there will be training restrictions on the number of players/coaches per pitch. Up to U12s is 18 people, U13s to U18s is 22 people which included coaches.
3. Only travel to training and matches alone or with your family members. Please arrive 5 mins early for training and 5 mins early after.
4. No parents to remain at the training pitch. If you need to please inform team manager otherwise please return to your car. Parents can collect players from the pitch after training but again must keep social distancing.
5. You must bring your own water bottle to training and on match day. NO sharing of water bottles.
6. Sanitiser will be available at each training session and on match day. Each player must sanitise their hands before and after each session.
7. All players must come ready to train. Dressing rooms are out of bounds
8. After each session please leave the grounds as quickly as possible.
9. If you have travelled abroad or someone in your family has please follow government guidelines and stay at home. If you have any symptoms of Covid 19 you MUST STAY AT HOME and contact your GP straight away.
10. Each team has a selected Covid officer. If you have any questions or concerns please contact them or the manager of the team.
Keep safe and have fun upon your return to football!