Johnstown FC just missed out on progressing to the next round of the NEFL 40 Year Commemorative Cup. It was an enthralling local derby Vs Parkvilla, the game finished 1-0 to the hosts up in Claremont on Friday evening.
Jimmy Caffery took home the man of the match award, kindly sponsored by Taylor’s of Johnstown.
There will be more good news on this front in the coming weeks!
It is absolutely great to be getting back to football and we here at Johnstown FC are very excited. We need to return to football in a safe way and abide by the rules laid out by medical experts and our governing body, please see guidelines below:
1. All players MUST produce signed Health declaration before every training session. This is recorded by the club covid officers and NO player will be granted permission to train or play without producing this form.
2. As per FAI guidelines there will be training restrictions on the number of players/coaches per pitch. Up to U12s is 18 people, U13s to U18s is 22 people which included coaches.
3. Only travel to training and matches alone or with your family members. Please arrive 5 mins early for training and 5 mins early after.
4. No parents to remain at the training pitch. If you need to please inform team manager otherwise please return to your car. Parents can collect players from the pitch after training but again must keep social distancing.
5. You must bring your own water bottle to training and on match day. NO sharing of water bottles.
6. Sanitiser will be available at each training session and on match day. Each player must sanitise their hands before and after each session.
7. All players must come ready to train. Dressing rooms are out of bounds
8. After each session please leave the grounds as quickly as possible.
9. If you have travelled abroad or someone in your family has please follow government guidelines and stay at home. If you have any symptoms of Covid 19 you MUST STAY AT HOME and contact your GP straight away.
10. Each team has a selected Covid officer. If you have any questions or concerns please contact them or the manager of the team.
Keep safe and have fun upon your return to football!
It is with great sadness that we learnt of the sudden passing of Evan Fitzgerald. Evan was a valued member of our club and an integral part of our U16 team, he can be seen below with his team and his father Keith on the day of their cup final win this year.
Everyone here at Johnstown FC wishes to extend our condolences to Evan’s family, friends and team-mates at this very difficult time
The Johnstown FC AGM will be held on Thursday the 28th of November at 8pm in O’Briens Bar, Johnstown. Members are invited to forward any motions through the website or to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday the 26th of November at 7pm.
Johnstown F.C. are delighted to announce and congratulate Eoin Sheridan as the new manager of our senior team for 2020. Eoin was one of the founding members of the club and has been a dedicated player and coach for our club since its inception. Eoin has always shown great dedication to everything he puts himself forward for and always gives 100%. We look forward to watching him bring our seniors forward in 2020 and wish him and everyone involved the best of luck!
It is with this appointment we also must pay a huge debt of gratitude to Christy Kavanagh & Fergal Berine for their guidance in the senior setup for the past number of years. Christy and Fergal have worked tirelessly over the past seasons and we thank them both for their unwavering commitment to Johnstown F.C. They will be a big loss to the senior setup but we know they will continue their involvement in the club and will always be there to support Johnstown F.C.
On Saturday the club held its annual senior presentation night in O’Briens Johnstown. We also took the chance to run a fundraiser with the help of Salina’s Musical Bingo. It was an extremely enjoyable night and thanks to all who attended. A big shoutout must go to the seniors and U12’s & U14’s girls parents who stayed and supported the club and everyone else who attended.
Also a huge thanks to all managers and club members who sourced spot prizes for the bingo and raffle on the night. The club really appreciates all the generosity of local businesses in supplying these prizes.
On the night there were a number of awards handed out over the two seniors teams for the season just past.
Congratulations to all the lads, it’s great to see these lads do so well in their first year of senior football